Saturday 4 June 2016

Starting the dissertation / WEEK ONE.

Throughout the next 11 months of tears, stress and a lot of comfort food I want to write a timeline of my thoughts and ideas and see how these change throughout the year. I feel this will benefit me to see how both my ideas and writing have developed in order to help me gain the best possible grade.

It is the first week of June and also my first week back at home for summer. To start of my dissertation research I have begun to read around the subject I am focusing on. As I am undertaking a Creative Writing dissertation I have decided to write a fairy tale and at the moment I am thinking of writing a contemporary fairy tale which challenges the traditional.

Yesterday I read four traditional children's fairy tales including; Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Hansel and Gretel.

Whilst reading I was noting down all the features of the main characters such as the villain, the 'loyal' character, the princess and the saviour (usually the prince). I also took note of any symbols such as the apple in Snow White and the spinning wheel in Sleeping Beauty.

Reading these fairy tales has helped me form a basis of the traditional fairy tale and the important elements of them.

Over the weekend I hope to continue reading more traditional children's fairy tales in hope of some inspiration before moving on to adult fairy tales where I hope to find more detail and gore.

Praying I stick to this!

Sian. X 

No comments:

Post a Comment